Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Trade - CMCSA


Until I took profits in SMH today, I had the max amount of trades on for my account according to my rules. After taking profits in SMH, I quickly looked for my next trade and went with CMCSA - you gotta take the trades as soon as you can, it's the way to keep active and build your account. Here's the chart:

I actually had a valid trigger for an entry on the 2nd close above the old resistance/new support, about 4 days ago - however at that time, I was maxed out on my trades. If I could have gotten in on that day, I would have been profitable today and on my way to greater profits.

However, I liked today's entry because it's a combo of both my styles of trading. It's a combo of 2 day's close above resistance (or a recent significant high - for bullish), and it's a close above the high of the low day (i.e. sort of like a bull flag or simply a pullback).

My target is only about $1 away, but that should be enough room to give me a decent ROI. I have to go out to a 3 year chart to find the next level of resistance above this current price action. Here's the chart and the target:
I went long a January 20 Call, which cost me $1.63. I put my mental stop (I don't use physical stops) on in yellow. So now, with plenty of time, we let the price go where ever it may. And, I just sit back in patience and peacefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment