Wednesday, April 20, 2011

MDR - stopped out - loss


Win some lose some. That's the way it goes. Gotta expect losses or you're just fooling yourself.

Here's the chart:
I COULD HAVE gotten out yesterday, however, seeing that buyer's tail along with some other strength in the overall markets, I decided to stay in for another day to see what would happen. We basically had another down day in the same zone. So, I did exactly what I should have today - took my loss.

This was a good trade. Yes, I lost money, but I followed my plan and took my stop. I could really care less where the stock goes from here. All I know is that I had 2 consecutive closes below the low of the pullback day (blue circle) and that is my time to take my losses and get out.

I originally bought this option for $1.90 and sold it today for $1.18 for a $0.72 loss, (37%) ROI in 4 trading days.

Just taking my lumps, no biggie - guess what I do now??

I LOOK FOR MY NEXT ENTRY

No comments:

Post a Comment