Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ADSK - took profit




I took profit today. I DO BELIEVE there's more upside to this stock, however, instead of guessing when this will occur, I decided to take the profits for now.

As you can see, after the entry price just bounced around sideways. The bulls and bears were playing tennis with the price. What kept me in the trade (instead of taking an early loss) was that both the Stochs and the MACD histograms were moving higher. I knew there had to be a pop up at some point and today we got that pop up.

The thing that got me out today was the recent stoch movement over the last few days - it's been dropping as price was edging up. We even had a big day up today and the stochs are still drifting lower - I don't like that.

So, I took profit of $33.00 per contract - YEE HAW!!!

A better way to compare "apples to apples" is to look at the Return On Investment (ROI). My ROI was 10% in 12 days. Not too shabby. So, don't laugh too hard, even if I did that twice a month that would be 20% ROI per month, which would be 240% ROI per year.

So, not too shabby overall.

From here, I'm still holding onto the IWM trade. I'm most likely going to take a loss on that one. However, now that the market broke out of that ridiculous sideways action maybe we can get into more trades now and start the profit rolling in more.

No comments:

Post a Comment