Monday, May 16, 2011

WMB - loser


I made a mistake. It was either with this trade or with the RES trade. Either way, I've made a mistake. I NEVER want to put on trades from the SAME SECTOR at the same time! It's bad enough to have multiple trades working that are from the same sector, but to put them on at THE SAME TIME is stupidity.

The reason it's stupid is because of exactly what has happened with my trades - when the sector goes against your trade, then you are losing on multiple trades at the same time. Which is not good.

Anyway, I made a mistake. I did NOT take the time to check their sectors before entering. Hopefully I'll remember this the next time. That's the thing with trading, there's tons to keep in mind before putting on a trade.

Here's the chart.

Simply put, it went against me and close at/below my stop for 2 consecutive days.

I originally bought 2 options for $1.04 and sold them today for $0.37 each, not good. That's a NEGATIVE 68% ROI for a total loss of $1.40.

That's trading, life goes one, it doesn't change the way I trade, other than to work on trying not to make as many mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment