Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MTW - Target hit - and then some!


GLORY TO GOD!

Check out this deal:


Got into this one, it went sideways, and then had a pullback. After that it started coming back up and today was earnings - KAPOW!

I usually don't enter trades when earnings is under 2 weeks away. Today was earnings and I entered approx 1 month ago. If you've followed this blog then you know I don't like to trade earnings, because it's more of a gamble. However, if I'm already in a trade and earnings is coming up, then I'll usually just stay in the trade (unless I'm very close to my intended target).

Like I stated above, earnings is a gamble. I don't know what the earnings were. They could have been good or bad - but the main thing is that the market did like them. This made the stock just pop way up above my target. And what do I do when my target is hit? I take my profits. Because once my target is hit, then I have lost my edge for the next move.

I originally bought a Call on this stock for $1.55 and sold it today for $3.20. This gave me an ROI% of 106% in 14 trading days. That's what I'm talking about! High five Grizz!!


I need to add a couple of new positions to my account, but I have had the flu and have not been in any mood to trade. Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow and will get into new trades in the next few days. I still have a couple of active trades on, so stay tuned for what those do.

No comments:

Post a Comment