Monday, February 14, 2011

New Trade - PFE


Proverbs 21:31
"The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD."
Here's the chart on the new entry:
As you can see, PFE (like the rest of the markets) is in an uptrend - higher highs and higher lows. The entry today was due to the buyers coming in and pushing up the closing price above the high of the most recent low. This is the classic pullback entry - nothing special, just the norm.

There was some type of news released concerning health care related companies and this stock benefitted from it. I don't know what the news was - don't really care - all I know is that PFE, along with other stocks reacted favorably to it and should continue to do so. This is just a BONUS for this entry. As long as there's no BAD NEWS, then I'd take this type of entry over and over again.

I bought 2 April 19 Calls for $0.66 each. Why two calls? Well, they were cheap, and I've got 2 targets this time. The first target is the most recent high - I shaded that target zone in green. The second target is the next level of resistance above - here's a longer term chart showing that:
I've got 60 days for both targets to hit. Shouldn't be much of a problem for either target. From here, I simply wait and see what the stock is going to do - keeping relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment