Wednesday, February 16, 2011

PFE - halfway there


God is good!
Halfway to our total trade completion - took profit at first target today:

3 days made $0.11 - that's right, big money. However, it did equal an ROI of 16%, which is a nice return in just 3 trading days.

You MUST think in terms of %ROI so you can compare apples to apples. If you just look at the NET amount you made, then the profit/loss can become distorted and you'll also be less likely to take profit at your targets.

Now, I CURRENTLY HAVE a small trading account and I traded just 1 contract for this first part of the trade. But if my trading account was:
2x larger then I would have traded 2 contracts and made $0.22,
OR
5x larger then I would have traded 5 contracts and made $0.55
OR
10x larger then I would have traded 10 contracts and made $1.11
OR
100x larger then I would have traded 100 contracts and made $11.11

You see, it's all based on %ROI. So, you should be trading and honing your skills in order to keep increasing your %ROI. Because whether your account trading size is $1,000 or $1,000,000 the %ROI is the same - and you keep the profits in the same proportion by keeping the amount of contract options being trading the same percentage in your account.

So, thanks for the $0.11 - I'll take it!!! Now, time to leave halfway and get the rest of the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment