Wednesday, July 6, 2011

AEP - finally took profit

Glory to GOD - another winner!


On Friday afternoon, July 1st, I played hookey from trading and all things business.  I thought the day was going to be a pullback, but instead the market just shot higher.  I could have taken profits on that day, because my target was hit.

So, then we come to Tuesday (yesterday) the next trading day and had another higher day.  As Murphy's Law was still in full force, I couldn't trade due to work commitments.

That left today, thank goodness it was still another decent day up.  I took profits today.  SHOULD have taken them on Friday, that was reckless, and although it paid off to my advantage today, in the long run that's a losing way to go.

Let's go to the numbers.  I originally bought this option for $1.15 and sold it today for $1.75, which gave me a $0.60 profit for an ROI% of 52% in 5 trading days.  Nice.

I'm down to just 1 trade right now.  So, I'm looking for new entries.  The market is just kinda taking a rest right now.  Once it starts moving in either direction, then I can take more action than just waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment