Monday, July 18, 2011

IP - target hit, profit taken

Glory to God, another profitable trade!

Here's the chart:

Textbook choppy market trading - and NO SURPRISE news on this one.

After the entry, the stock went down and traded near the last low.  I actually got out of this trade around 1:00 p.m. EST.  I was watching it go down during the day, saw it hit the zone, and by the time I got my computer up and running (yes, I was at work during this time so my laptop wasn't up and running) the stock price had already started trading back up.

The overall markets were down considerably today, but they also started trading higher going into the close.  If I had waiting to exit until my normal 3:45 p.m. EST trading time, then I would have had much less profit. You gotta take profit when your target is hit and if you can monitor the trades sporadically during the day then do it.  PUTTING on trades need to be at the end of the day, but taking them off can be ANYTIME.

I originally bought this option for $1.50 and sold it today for $1.75.  This gave me a $0.25  profit with an ROI% of 16% in 5 calendar days.  Not bad for a choppy mixed up market.  That's the way choppy market trading goes, just looking for quick small profits.  Guerrilla warfare.  I'll take that trade every single day.

Now I'm back to zero trades on.  I'm comfortable with that.  Once I find another edge, I'll take it.  Until then I'm relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment