Thursday, July 7, 2011

AKS - took early profit

Another winner - Glory to God!


I took some early profit today.  This stock didn't hit my target, but in just 4 days of trading, there was enough movement for me to take profit now and to keep an eye out for a re-entry.  I'll look for a pullback and then if I get the right opportunity, then I'll re-enter and look for the stock to move the rest of the way.

I originally bought this option for $1.13 and sold today for $1.48, for a $0.35 profit and a 30% ROI in 4 trading days.  Nice.

I now am officially 100% cash and NOTHING in the market.  This isn't a position I TRY to get into, it's just that the market has been going up and up without any pullbacks, so I haven't had any opportunities to trade this style.

However, we are getting close to many stocks that are about to have 2 closing days above a recent significant high - when this happens, I'll do some of my hi/lo style trading.

Also, I'm perfectly content just to sit out of the market and just wait for my EDGE.  I'm not going to chase anything and I want GREAT SETUPS - otherwise I'm not playing - and you can't make me!

No comments:

Post a Comment